|Image from Wikimedia Commons|
- Repertoire being requested (Twinkle, Twinkle vs...Franck's violin sonata)
- Whether or not the repertoire is new to collaborator or is being recycled
- Whether or not the collaborator wants to learn the repertoire in question
- How much music the piano collaborator is already having to juggle
- Person doing the requesting - last-minuter? rehearsal-hog on a regular basis? laid-back player? someone prone to illness and canceling?
- What type of gig the request is for - recording session? debut recital at Carnegie Hall? playing at church? audition? lessons? jury? competition which will make or break client's career?
- Whether or not the collaborator has any other roles beside that of collaborator - parent? teacher? spouse? caretaker of aging parent? marathon runner? running for congress?
- How much time the collaborator has to practice
- How insane the collaborator is
- How quickly the collaborator can learn music
- How good the collaborator is at faking and/or sightreading
- How much the collaborator enjoys working with the instrumentalist/singer in question
- How much of a softie the collaborator is
- How desperate the collaborator is for money
If smart enough and interested, please contact me...soon...before I say "yes" one more time!
* OWPC = Overworked piano collaborator