My passion is to help others in the community, young, old, and everyone in between, find relevance and joy in learning, performing or listening to classical music.

Saturday, January 2, 2010

A must-read post for the new year by Greg Sandow

Below is a post by Greg Sandow that I think is very important for folks to read.  He is currently at work writing a book about the future of classical music and his blog, of which this post is a part, is a fascinating place to go to see where he is headed as he embarks on this journey.  This post clearly outlines the optimistic outlook and vision he and many others have for the classical music world.  If you read the post and feel like what he says resonates within you, I encourage you to post a comment directly on his blog.  Or if you'd feel more comfortable posting on mine, you may post on mine as well...I would be happy to pass a long any feedback to him.

Enjoy...I hope you find it as interesting and encouraging as I do.

http://www.artsjournal.com/sandow/2009/12/heres_my_top_ten_list.html#comments

1 comment:

  1. I'd thoroughly recommend Sandow's Blog as well and avidly follow what he has to say. I think we are all concerned about the future of classical music but few (especially A-Listers with a couple of exceptions)seem prepared to put their "neck on the block" and step outside what is accepted convention. Perhaps this is due to the nature of the organisations who engage musicians and it is there that the real change needs to take place. Many musicians I know (especially in the USA) are too frightened to do anything radical for fear of losing funding. What do others think?

    ReplyDelete